NOTL Customs house

7"X5" Acrylic on board

I had to go into Niagara-on-the-Lake yesterday for an early appointment. It was a perfect May day so I took some photos with my iPod. I find that this is the ideal tool for taking reference pictures. It is small and portable so that I can have it with me at all times. The quality of the images isn't very good, but in some ways that is better than a really good photo. All I need is an aide-memoire.

I have featured this building before so you can go here to read more about it.

Comments

  1. Hello Sarah, just wanted to compliment you on the way you paint a special glow into your canvases! Plus, I do love the phrase: aide-memoire....we don't say that in the US and I am planning on using it as often as I can!
    cheers, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debra. Of course,if you want to be really cool, there should be an acute accent on the first e of memoire. I can't figure out how to access the French keyboard on the ipad. I hope that all is going well with "The 50 mile bouquet". It looks splendid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts