London, Ontario


5.5"X7" Pencil in Moleskine

The boys are home this weekend and it doesn't look as if I will get any painting done. I had a busy week last week, went to Detroit and London (Ontario) for work-related events.

I had a nice hotel room in the Armouries in London. This was the early-morning view from my room. Urban scenes like this are a challenge for anyone striving for accuracy. I lose track of windows very quickly.

One of my favourite blogs (also a Flickr group) is urbansketchers.org  It is an invitational group blog for both amateur and professional artists from every continent. All the sketches are done on the spot, no copying from photographs here. Some are loose and impressionistic, some are tight architectural renderings. Some sketchers specialize in people and movement, some in buildings and monuments. Well worth a visit.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts