Annual Peach Challenge

7"X5" Oil on board

Every year I seem to need to torture myself by trying to paint peaches. Maybe if I painted them every day for a week or two, like Julian Merrow-Smith, I would eventually get it right. As it is, I fuss and worry at it for an hour or two and finally give up and call it done. The one in the background gave me the most trouble, for some reason I couldn't seem to maintain the volume.

Anyway, as usual I spent most of the day painting the house. It was the porch floors this weekend. I really am almost done. Maybe I will get some gardening done tomorrow, thank goodness for civic holidays. one of these weekends maybe I will actually take a day off.

SOLD

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I would definitely call this a success! I can "feel" the peach fuzz when I look at this picture. I like the understated background..the wooden table, soft blues of the bowl, and white walls. I think all the peaches have great volume and are wonderfully painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find peaches very difficult to paint, but these are very well done. You've really captured the colours and the slightly furry feel of them. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts