Waiting for the Plane




5.5"X3.5" Pencil in moleskine

Well I am back from my travels and ready to start posting again. I did some sketching in Puerto Rico and took hundreds of photographs, both with my Canon EOS and with my new toy. I bought a very cheap ($100) mini-camcorder before I left. It has 5 Megapixels, an 8 Gigabyte SD card and a lithium-ion battery which can be recharged with a usb cable. The lens is, needless to say, not very good and there is no optical zoom, only digital. It takes both videos and stills, I had enormous fun with it and took video clips with it like they were snapshots. I still have to find a way to edit them into something manageable, but I have hours of reference material and will start working on it soon.
I will post some of my sketches first, more-or-less in order, and then some paintings as I work on them. This first drawing was just one of my fellow travellers at the airport.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Welcome back! Can't wait to see more of the sketches and the work that results from all the photos and clips. This is a great sketch, very defining of the patient and sometimes not so patient pose of people waiting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts