Friends




12"X12" Oil on canvas


I delivered this commission a few days ago but forgot to take a final photo before I let it go. I went over tonight and took a picture, not a very good reproduction because I had to adjust for the tungsten light. They say that they like it but it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I am not keen on commissions anyway, I tend to agonize too much. This one was especially hard because I had no good reference photos, just a bunch of snapshots, none of them showing the animals together. These are also the only "children" of a childless couple, so the pressure was really on.
I already see lots of things I shold have done differently, but it is done now, thank heavens!
To see WIP go here and here
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Finally..you finished the commission! And it is great! They will love it and cherish it. You have captured the personality of both of them...the dog full of adventure, the cat more serious.(as cats tend to be)
    I agree with you..commissions are difficult and they haunt me in my sleep. Could it be that we are too sensitive and worry too much about what they will think? I have vowed that I will never do another one (until someone asks me again and I need the money :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeet, well done Sarah, love the expressions)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that feeling you talk about. I don't like commissions either. I pretty much wont do them anymore. I guess that's my loss. You did a good job on the painting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts