Wine & Cheese













All 3.5"X5.5" Pencil in Moleskine



I haven't posted for a couple of days but I do have a good excuse. On Monday night we hosted a house concert with brilliant guitarist Laura Young who was visiting from Barcelona where she lives. I managed to sketch a few pictures as I was sitting at the back, but I really had to be quiet as you could hear a pin drop in that setting. We had about 25 people, so it was intimate but very well received and I think a great success. As you can imagine we weren't up to cooking much beforehand (I would have had to clean the kitchen again), so we mostly feasted on the wine and cheese we had provided for the post show reception.

Last night I went to a silent auction and performance in aid of Carousel Players, a local professional theatre company who specialize in taking theatre to schools all over the region and occasionally tour further afield. It was great fun, they did a reading of Danny, King of the Basement by David Craig which I hadn't seen before and enjoyed enormously. It was funny and touching and extremely well presented. I didn't really have time to eat before I went so I filled up on, guess what? Wine & cheese. The wine was courtesy of local winery Marynissen and very good.

Comments

  1. I like these sketches a lot. I often sketch when I'm at my blues jams on Sunday evening. I admit, it is not easy since everything is in constant motion. You've done a great job with these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts