House

10"X8" Oil on board

I have had rather an unproductive week so far so I thought I would dip into the archives again.

Shortly after we moved into this house the only art supply shop in town went into liquidation. Everything was on sale and I bought myself a full supply of oil painting materials. I had never really used oils before, not since paint-by-number days anyway and I loved them. After years struggling with watercolours I found them very liberating and I love the buttery texture and the way that one colour can be worked into another.

This was my first oil painting. My house before repainting the outside. For a glimpse of what it looks like with its new colour you can go here or here

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Thats very impressive for your first oil painting! I really like the one in winter too, beautiful house you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great house!And a fantastic job for your first oil painting after using water colors. Oils really are amazing, but seem to require some mastery of technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice painting and a very nice house too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts