Chicory ACEO




2.5"X3.5" Acrylic on paper
I haven't done anything with acrylics for a long time. They are way outside my comfort zone but I need to stretch a little. I find these tiny "ACEO"s a good way to use them. I mark a piece of 9"X12" canvassette paper into 9 rectangles of 3"X4". That way I can paint to the edge and trim off the excess to bring them down to the requisite size.
For those of you not familiar with the acronym, ACEO stands for "Art Cards, Editions & Originals" and was coined on eBay. They are sometimes called "ATC"s (art trading cards) although this term is reserved exclusively for cards which are traded and not sold.
They are fun to paint because you can paint several at once, I just did four this time which I will probably pre-post because I am going away for a couple of days.

 $20 -Please contact me for more information.sarah[at]splynch.com
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. You are the queen of floral paintings, Sarah. This one has a ton of energy in it, like the wind is blowing. I agree about acrylics, that fast dry time came be very annoying.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts