Ladies who Lunch 2




7"X5.5" Pencil & marker on paper

Not much to offer today, just another guerrilla sketch on the green-room patio.

I made it into another Etsy treasury today. It is great when this happens because it can really boost sales. Last time I made three sales in 24 hours that I can directly attribute to the treasury.

I have had a number of people ask about Etsy and whether I think it is worthwhile and I must say that it is probably the most successful art marketing I have done aside from my own website and this blog. I am not sure that it would work for everyone, my pieces are small and inexpensive which means they fit well with what is being offered on Etsy. It does seem to be one of the only art marketing sites that actually attracts non-artists. On all the others all my "fans" and "friends" seem to be other artists. Nothing wrong with that of course but they are less likely to make purchases. Etsy is also fairly inexpensive to use, there is no sign-up fee and they charge .20 (USD) per item to list for four months and 3.5% commission. All in all much better than Ebay which is expensive and labour intensive

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts