Building for Sale




16"X20" Oil on board



This is another one pulled from the archives, about three years old. The subject is the same area as the St Paul Street triptych that I posted a a few weeks ago. In fact this is just a detail of a couple of the buildings. The title refers to the fact that the strange stilted building on the left has a Remax "For Sale" sign on it, hard to see at this size.

I liked the multiple diagonals made by the fire escapes and stilts as well as the patches of colour in the VW, the doorways and the brilliant sky.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. I remember the triptych of this building and I like this version for the bright clear sunlight the building is in, plus those two red doors and the red beetle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes seem to focus on the red car, maybe because of the way youve done the shadows, it also makes me appreciate the size of those buildings! Lovely sense of light

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts