Mango




6"X4.5" Watercolour on paper

I don't do traditional watercolour very often any more. I bought a pack of A6 size handmade paper when I was in England and wanted to try it out with some good quality paint. It is quite satisfying for a change.

I am having difficulty with inspiration, I really don't want to do anything but sketch these days and can't be bothered with photographs. I keep telling myself that it is time to work on something larger but when it comes down to it I just don't know what to paint. It would probably help if I had more space but setting up for a large painting is such a commitment and I find it hard to take the plunge.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. We all run out of inspiration from time to time. I for one am used to going for days, if not months without any inspiration for painting. It used to bother me a lot but now I try not to let it get me down. One thing is for sure and that is inspiration will come when it will. You are doing very well if you ask me though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you Sarah, I am having difficulty starting off with larger work. I have the room and I am willing to work hard but I need a really strong theme to drive me and nothing is really coming up into my mind strongly enough. So I do sympathise! I really like this treatment of a mango by the way - it is unusual and you have handled the water colour well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,

    It sounds like you need to do a larger work. Get a model in and get your arm swinging. I love this piece. I've been working small and just started a 3' x 4' one today. My space is very small, on the vertical the painting almost fills the arch between the living room and dining room. You are worth it.
    Your work is beautiful!

    Take care,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all. As the weather improves I will probably start to do some larger pieces. I definitely intend to do more plein air work this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, just clicking through from Trevors blog. I think the mango is great, lovely colours and a great soft quality. 'Ella' on your website is really nice, love those skin tones!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts