L'Air du Temps


8"X8" Gouache on coverstock



I still have lots of London sketches but I thought I would take a break from posting them today.


I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never be a "real" artist because I am incapable of maintaining even a semblance of a consistent style. Just when I start to get comfortable with a technique or medium my butterfly brain flutters off and alights on something new.


While I was in England I bought a sample box of W & N gouache primaries. I haven't used gouache for years and they were on sale. I had great fun playing with them this weekend. I used pale grey cover-stock that I bought years ago for some purpose long forgotten. The light on my bedroom wall where the dying sun was shining through the bottle of Nina Ricci, L'Air du Temps was quite irrisistible.

Comments

  1. ....."I will never be a "real" artist because I am incapable of maintaining even a semblance of a consistent style"......

    That to me is what being a REAL artist is all about, Sarah! Always learning, always trying new ways....always developing....
    I think you're a wonderful artist! I love your blog too...I only wish I'd known you were coming to London, I'm here at the moment and would have loved to meet up for a coffee and chat. Ah well, maybe next time....
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yvonne, I hope to be back next year, so maybe we can have a coffee then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sarah you are definitely a REAL artist and a great one at that. I struggle with the same thing. Always jumping around... no real series
    I think it's OK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice painting Sarah. Jumping around is my middle name. I think our expectations always exceed our reality and to remedy the problem we switch directions but the truth is we are much better then we give ourselves credit for. This is something that afflicts me constantly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts