Pointsettia




5"X7" Oil on board

There are many little corners of this house that I would like to paint, places where the light is especially nice or bits of shabby old furniture that I am particularly fond of. I was a fan of "shabby chic" long before I knew it had a name and this house is the ultimate showcase for the style. This is rather an odd little composition, it is hard to find a good spot to paint that isn't a thoroughfare. I do like painting interiors though and need the practice. For some very fine interiors you should visit Sheila Vaughan's blog.



I am very chuffed to have been featured on Shed Style. Author Debra Prinzing has recently published Stylish Sheds and Elegant Hideaways, to great reviews, check it out. This is the second shed themed blog to have mentioned my painting (the other was Shedworking a couple of weeks ago). I do have rather a thing for sheds, both the elegant and the dilapidated and one day would love to become a "shedworker" too.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Sarah, I think this painting works really well; a glimpse of a chair, not all of a plant, but that is how our homes seem to us as we move constantly through them. This is a lovely, personal painting. Thank you for your reference by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again Sarah ~ it's nice to meet you via the web and I'll send you my book. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season ~ and here's hoping you'll continue to find sheds-with-charm to paint! xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Sarah
    I like this composition.
    Offset paintings (as how I describe them)create imagination for me.
    Just lovely.
    Have a nice Chrismas
    Regards
    Trevor

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts